Thursday, July 17, 2014

I, CED: In Your Eyes


While I was hanging on Facebook, multi-instrumentalist/producer/singer I,CED of the Hawthorne Headhunters sent me a message to let me know he had a new tune posted on Soundcloud. Since it is "Throwback Thursday" on social media, this is, in a sense, a throwback cut based on the way it sounds, along with the fact that it was originally done in 2009. Now polished and available for eardrum consumption, I gave it a listen and was hooked before a minute passed. I have always loved how CED's music grabs you, then pulls you in. To me, this tune has the feel of three eras in music; the texture and feel of today's music, yet connected with 1960s and 1970s rhythm & blues roots.

CED says that this will be available soon on one of his upcoming hidden projects. There's also a new album in the works. Get caught up on his previous material if you're not hip to his goodness. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment